blog - github - twitter - linkedin
I’m Bruce Hauman. I’m a Software Developer with over 12 years
experience in full stack web development. Currently, I’m having fun
making front end development more fluid, productive and fun for
On this page I’ve provided links to my open source work, conference
talks and other things that can give you a better idea of who I am and
what I do.
Open Source Authorship
Figwheel makes the holy grail of live editing and hot loading running
code a pragmatic reality for front end development. Figwheel currently sets
the standard for a fluid front end programming experience.
Figwheel has been popularly received by the ClojureScript community as evidenced in the State of Clojure 2015 Survey and the outpouring of thanks and appreciation.
Devcards takes live programming even further by providing an
environment to work on front-end components apart from the application
and exercise them in many states.
Devcards is a new innovative tool and proposes a new way to think about
the process of front end programming.
Open Source Contributions
Dome design and living
I have designed a unique way to quickly construct affordable domes
from easily obtainable materials.
Frameless Geodesic Dome
Blog posts that reached the top of Hacker News
Blog Posts that reached the front page of Hacker News
- Card Magic - nothing says entertainment like a middle aged white guy with a deck of cards
- Long Distance Hiking - Hiked the Appalachian trail (2000 miles) in 1993
- Lightweight Structure - I designed, built and live in a unique dome structure in my friends back yard.
- Dancing - Contra, Waltz, Tango, Salsa
- Singing - Sang in a local choral group which focuses on traditional music from around the world.
- Comedy Improv - Spent 7 weeks studying improv in Chicago during the summer of 2010. The final show is up at theremedials.com
- SnowBoarding - My brother and I have an annual 8 day engagement with a mountain in Utah.